Founded in 2009, the Africa Gospel Music Association serves as the face and voice for the African gospel/Christian music community worldwide and is dedicated to exposing, promoting and celebrating the gospel through African-fusion music of all styles.It is by no means a competition but an event that honors and recognizes some of the best talented and hard working gospel Artistes
"The purpose of the AGMA's, now in its third year, is to recognize and celebrate the talent, innovation and success of gospel artistes and media related individuals and organizations.
There will be 25 awards at this year's AGMAs, covering the whole spectrum of music and industry related activities" said awards spokesperson Charles Koranteng "The AGMA's is an opportunity for one's work to gain recognition and to inspire and unearth the God given talents of others across Africa and the Diaspora."
AGMA was founded by John Wright, Allen Opoku and Charles Koranteng as an organisation to promote gospel music of African origin worldwide. The organisation has grown to a community consisting of over 8,000 members which includes agents, artists, church leaders, managers, promoters, radio personnel, record company executives, retailers, songwriters, and other industry visionaries.
This year's awards inauguration event will be held at the Zanzibar Banqueting Suite, 291 Kirkdale Road Sydenham, London, SE26 4QD on Saturday 21st April 2012 from 4-7pm.
The awards ceremony will be held on Saturday the 7th of July 2012 at the Hippodrome, Golders Green.
Confirmed personalities to grace the occasion include, Emmy Kosgei, Mkhululi Bhebhe, Sonnie Badu, Makoma and Rebecca.
You can also nominate your favorite gospel music artist.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR NOMINATION
• Nominees must be of African origin or their work must be of African influence
• You may nominate yourself
• All nominations must be strictly Gospel Music.
• All nominations must be accompanied with reason for nomination
• Videos for nomination may be sent either via a 'You Tube' link or via www.sendspace.com or for high quality video any safe file sharing system
• Final nomination list will be decided and revealed by the Awards committee
• You may only submit music/videos that were released within the last 365 days i.e. from 15th April 2011-14th April 2012
NOMINATION AND VOTING PROCESS
- A Confidential Nominating Committee made up of music industry experts in various fields meet to ensure that all entries meet eligibility criteria, all entries are in the appropriate categories and all entries were released during the eligibility period.
Best entries that meet the committee's criteria will be included in final nominees list.
Online voting for the 3rd Africa Gospel Music Awards will begin on 1st June 2012 till midnight 30th June 2012
CATEGORIES FOR PUBLIC NOMINATION
- DISCOVERY OF THE YEAR
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR EUROPE
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR EAST AFRICA
- ARTISTE OFTHE YEAR WEST AFRICA
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR NORTH AFRICA
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR SOUTHERN AFRICA
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR CENTRAL AFRICA
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR USA/CANADA
- ARTISTE OF THE YEAR -AUSTRALIA/ASIA PACIFIC
- SONG OF THE YEAR
- ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- MALE ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
- FEMALE ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
- PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
- VIDEO OF THE YEAR
- EVENT OF THE YEAR
- INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC OF THE YEAR
- GOSPEL RADIO PRESENTER OF THE YEAR
- GOSPEL TV PRESENTER OF THE YEAR
- GOSPEL TV PROGRAM OF THE YEAR
- RADIO PROGRAM OF THE YEAR
- BEST CONTRIBUTION OF THE YEAR
- GROUP/CHOIR OF THE YEAR